Comprehensive Grammar CheckPoint Solution Key, Credited in Week Eight
Appropriate answers are in red.
Inclusive Terminology: Nonsexist
A. I am aware Dr . Maurice hired a brand new nurse. Precisely what is her identity?
B. I realize Dr . Maurice hired a new nurse. Precisely what is his or her name? Correct solution
1 . M is correct: The second sentence is known as a gender belief. Many healthcare professionals are women, but some nursing staff are men. Inclusive Language: Nonsexist
A. I'm not very good at mathematics.
B. Now i'm not very good in math since I'm a girl.
2 . A is correct: The other sentence signifies girls are not very good at math, which is a gender belief. In fact , many ladies do quite nicely in math. Inclusive Language: Nonracist
A. My new coworker, woman, is actually quite nice.
B. My new coworker is in fact quite great.
3. N is correct: The first word implies big surprise at conference a nice Muslim, which stereotypes people of the Islamic faith. Specially Language: Nonracist
A. Each of our new ag, a Cuban American, is making a speech upon Saturday.
M. Our new district attorney is definitely making a speech on Saturday. Correct answer:
four. B is proper: The section attorney's country of beginning is not required to the that means of the sentence. Inclusive Vocabulary: Nonagist
A. Dr . Phil cannella counseled the mother of the four-year-old who weighs a hundred and fifty pounds. M. Dr . Phil counseled the mother of a child whom weighs 150 pounds. Appropriate answer:
5. A is proper: The children's age explains why the counseling was necessary. Comprehensive Language: Nonagist
A. We ought to hire a younger individual that knows even more about technology.
B. We need to hire an individual who knows even more about technology.
6. M is correct: The knowledge level of anybody, not their age, is important. The first sentence signifies only youthful people are proficient in technology. Specially Language: Talking about the Impaired and Those With Cultural Distinctions A. The hearing-impaired kid needs special accommodations pertaining to the field trip.
M. The child requirements special places to stay for the field trip. Correct answer:
7. A is correct: The child's ability to hear impairment points out the need for unique accommodations for the field trip. Inclusive Dialect: Describing the Disabled and others With Social Differences A. If we go to dinner by Mr. Suzuki's house, is going to we have to take in raw seafood?
B. Whenever we go to supper at Mister. Suzuki's property, will we eat unfamiliar food? Correct response
8. M is correct: The first word implies every Japanese people eat uncooked fish and this eating uncooked fish is bad. Phrase Fragments
A. Richard 3 supposedly experienced the young princes murdered. Never found out what really happened to them.
B. Richard 3 supposedly got the small princes murdered although we never found out what seriously happened to them. Right answer:
on the lookout for. B is correct: Sentence A contains a fragment (incomplete sentence). Sentence Fragmented phrases
A. Despite having enough money intended for the trip.
B. Irrespective of having enough money pertaining to the trip, John was broke prior to bus still left for home. Correct answer:
twelve. B is proper: The first sentence contains a fragment (incomplete sentence). Run-On Sentences
A. The creature sat vertical and tugged at the leaf spring shackles binding his ankles while Frankenstein enunciated a pointed scream.
B. The animal sat vertical and tugged at the shackles binding his ankles Frankenstein uttered a piercing shout. Correct answer:
11. A is correct: The other sentence is usually two content fused collectively, creating a run-on. Run-On Sentences
A. Both equally Lisa and Alan appreciate photography; both have won exclusive awards.
N. Both Mack and Joe enjoy picture taking, both have won prestigious prizes. Correct response:
12. A is correct: The other sentence is actually a comma splice (run-on). Punctuational
A. I really believe our families are both related to George Wa. What a unexpected occurrence!
B. I beleive our familys are both related to George Washington. Exactly what a surprising ocurrence! Correct response:...
Essay about Earth Art vs . 1960s Minimalism: A Comparative Look
Human Resource Management Essay
Causes of the War of 1812 Article
Essay regarding GKE you Task several Indi
Pfizer Case Study: A New Sort of Structure Essay
Essay about Learning Wood logs
Mcdonald’s Incredibly Hot Coffee Essay
Rhetorical Tricks of a Business Article
Opinionated composition on Racism in America inside the early 1900’s to today.
The Interest Essay
Titian Exploration Essay
Math Prize Society Composition
John Mills’ Harm Basic principle Essay